Monday, December 14, 2009

The Greatest Christmas Decoration. Ever.


The Greatest Christmas Decoration Ever


“Good news is that I truly outdid myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever…”

So begins the hilarious story that was emailed presumably by a friend or follower of the person behind the blog Shorter and Sweeter. The sender is referring to what could indeed be, as the title of the original blog post suggests, the greatest Christmas decoration ever: a set of Christmas lights, a ladder, and a life-size dummy dressed in a red sweater and jeans. The sender set these items up so that the dummy looked like it accidentally toppled the ladder over and he was now hanging on for dear life from the edge of the roof, with the Christmas lights he was supposedly putting up now dangling beside him.

The unique decoration was so impressively realistic that, according to the sender, a number of passersby attempted to rescue the dummy, including “a 55 year old lady [who] grabbed the 75 pound ladder [and] almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn’t realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy).” ‘Tis the season for helping others after all.

http://dailycontributor.com/the-greatest-christmas-decoration-ever/9386/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what does this have to do with BBQ ?

inquiring minds....

Sledneck said...

It doesnt. I thought you removed this from your favorites?